Before Rosie I asked y’all what were some of your hospital musts and that was something that really helped me pack the first time. Resharing that list again with you guys and the things I’m actually bringing! You can decide for yourself what will work best for you and hopefully this will give you some ideas!
As far as what we are packing everything in, we went with a roller bag so that we didnt have to carry as many thing. Last time we started packing in duffles and think it would be annoying to carry 2 duffles and the babies diaper bag so why not put them all in wheels and make it as easy as possible! I’m linking some of the exact products I am taking but you can also just use this list as reference!
- Robe -bringing this lightweight one but could also bring a cozy one in case it’s cold
- PJs -have a couple options I’m bringing, I love the sleep shirts because they are easy but also bringing this shorts set
- Nursing bra – haven’t found a favorite yet but this Amazon one has over 10k reviews!
- Nursing tank
- Shower shoes
- Disposable panties (The hospital also gives you some!)
- Make up bag
- Makeup cleanser & moisturizer
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Hair: brush, dry shampoo
- Chapstick – everyone said this was a must!
- Going home outfit – I will probably decide then and there – I was thinking this dress because it is so comfortable and easy!
- Baby book for foot prints, weight, etc
- Going home outfit – thinking this one!
Nursing Pillow– I just used a pillow! It was a lot to carry so leaving at home this time.
Paci– we decided to not give Rosie a paci until after a couple of weeks so dont think we are bringing this time
- 2 outfits
- Undies, Socks, Etc
- Tooth brush
- Overnight bag
- Ted bought this speaker for music jams & white noise maker
- Chargers – long cords were HIGHLY requested
- Computer to watch tv shoes – other people recommended a fire stick to plug into the hospital tv
- Jolly Ranchers or Mint to suck on
- Camera – we have our iPhones but we also got the sprocket
- File folder for paper work
- Car seat
A lot of y’all said the hospital will give you extra supplies like mesh undies, padsicles, any meds, diapers, etc so you won’t need to go overboard and pack too much! Y’all also mentioned that you can take some of these supplies home so be sure to leave some room in your suitcase!
I feel like thats it for me! Again you can decide for yourself what works and doesn’t work. I have always and will always be an over packer and will just feel way better over packing so that is my plan! Some mamas go to the hospital with nothing so really it’s all in your hands!