You would think this is a Nike sponsored post but I promise it’s not. I just am a very big fan of Nike for athletic gear. The brand has sold me from a very young age and the term
“Just Do It” has stuck with me. Honestly, this fitness post is mainly for me to keep me accountable for the New Year lol. I was in a good healthy routine at the beginning of the year, working out at least 3 time a week, and making healthy choices. I have no excuse as to why I fell off and as cliche as it sounds, 2017 is when I am getting my booty back into it. I think over the years of my fitness journey, I have learned what motivates me and what does not. I wanted to share below incase you are also on the struggle bus like me!
- Cute work out gear: every time I get new leggings or new tennis shoes I am ready to actually wear put my clothes to use. Look good, feel good is the saying
- Accountability: when I was working out consistently I had accountability partners to meet me at the gym. 90% off the time when I don’t feel like going to the gym, I have absolutely no excuse. I can’t bail on my partner 90% of the time so typically I just show up.
- Schedule: Make it a date and you won’t miss it. Our schedules get so busy that if I don’t set a routine on when to go, I won’t.
- Extreme Workouts: not my cup of tea. I don’t enjoy them and I know if I am
- By myself: Working out alone is no fun. I love catching up with people and working out is the perfect place to do so.
- Crowded gym: I think the worst thing ever is showing up when there are a million and one people in the gym fighting over machines. I try going around lunch time to avoid the crowds.
I would love to hear tips on what motivates and unmotivates you. Today is so fitting to talk about fitness since we are waking up for a sunrise hike to Koko head. We made it into Honolulu yesterday and Kokohead is my absolute favorite thing to do here. Its non stop 1,000 steps straight up the mountain. It’s the most challenging on hour hike and this post seems so fitting!