One question I got the other day was, “Can I wear a romper to a wedding?” My answer, “Why yes you can, but depends on what type of wedding you are going to.” Hubs and I have SIX weddings in the next 3 months, so wedding season has officially started for us! I also have received a couple of emails about what to wear to a wedding, so I thought it would be informative to let you know when it is appropriate to wear a romper. Do note, I do not think you can wear a romper to every wedding you are invited to, but below are five tips to keep in mind!
Take note of the…
- Couple: Is the couple laid back? Are they typically casual or always fancy? If you are headed to a couples wedding that is laid back and does not pay attention to style/clothes, you are in the clear. If the couple is typically always dressed up and loves fashion, maybe something dressier will do. It’s always better be over dressed in my opinion!
- Venue: The type of wedding venue really does play a role in the style of a wedding. I usually do research on the wedding venue before choosing what I want to wear to a couples’ special day. If the wedding is held at a small intimate out door wedding then a romper is appropriate. If the wedding is held at Chateau Cocomar, a long gown maybe a better choice. The type of wedding venue really does make a difference!
- Invitation: It is true when they say “a wedding invitation really does set the tone for your wedding day.” The other day I received a very different, colorful, glass invitation and immediately was excited for their wedding. I then instantly thought I needed to get an outfit that is fun, bright, and lively. I also received two traditional invitations that I know will be very formal. The fun and stylish invitation is my selection to wear this romper to that wedding!
- Time of Day: The time of day also plays an important role in the style of wedding you are headed too. A brunch or Sunday wedding is more of a casual scene but if you are headed to a Saturday night wedding, a more formal choice maybe a better choice.
- Material of Romper: Now I am saying a romper can be worn at some type of weddings but not every romper. I wouldn’t go with a cotton or polyester romper since that is very casual for a special occasion. Rompers are already considered to be in the casual category, so a more dressier material is best. I would go with a polyester material like this romper. Material plays a huge role!
I am obsessed with the color of this strapless romper and the ruffle details. I knew I had to have it in my closet and I sure do plan to wear it to one of the few weddings we have coming up!
Note: I was a wedding planner a couple years ago at Chateau Cocomar (where these photos were taken), so I do know wedding attire! Actually, one of my favorite parts of coordinating a wedding was being able to stare at all the wedding guests outfits.