I’ve been looking for a printed detail work out set and love this one so much! Found it on Bloomingdales site which has so many great finds! I am new to Aqua Athletics, but after finding them on Bloomingdales I have so many pieces I want. The quality is really great on both the leggings and jacket. Also, how cute is this little tank?! It’s a thin fabric which is great for working out, and I like that it’s a little bit cropped. Honestly, this fitness post is mainly for me to keep me accountable for the New Year lol. I know it’s pretty cliche of me to have fitness goals for 2018 but WHY NOT be cliche if it’s going to motivate you. I have been in a good healthy routine and making healthy eating choices off and on ALL YEAR LONG. One month I would kill it and one month I would be a total slob. With the holidays and December travels being so busy, slob r us has been me! I think over the years of my fitness journey, I have learned what motivates me and what does not. I wanted to share below in case you are also on the struggle bus like me!
- Memberships / Class Packages: We have a gym downstairs in our building but it’s not the best. There is like 5 pieces of equipment and it’s pretty dark. Ever since I got a membership for Orange Theory, it really has motivated me to get my booty to there. I also signed up for 5 classes at Soul Cycle and it expires in 5 weeks so that also motivates me to go!
- Accountability: when I was working out consistently I had accountability partners to meet me at the gym. 90% off the time when I don’t feel like going to the gym, I have absolutely no excuse. I can’t bail on my partner 90% of the time so typically I just show up. I also believe that scheduling a class plays a role in accountability. If you don’t show, you pay and that hurts too!
- Schedule: Make it a date and you won’t miss it. Our schedules get so busy that if I don’t set a routine on when to go, I won’t. This also is when classes come into play. I already know I work out best first thing in the morning so I schedule my classes then!
- Extreme Workouts: not my cup of tea. I don’t enjoy them and I know I would dread it then eventually not go.
- By myself: Working out alone is no fun. I love catching up with people and working out is the perfect place to do so! Even if it’s with a trainer as crazy as that sounds lol
- Evening Classes: I have a friend that loves working out in the evening and I never can understand it lol I have tried scheduling a few classes in the evening to try and honestly I just spend the entire day dreading it. I prefer to wake up and get it out of the way. By the end of the day I am pooped anyways. Listen to your body and schedule a time that works for you and your schedule!