What are some hot hot summer prints this year? Adorable pineapples & watermelons, of course! You can find these prints on just about anything these days and I am not complaining. Who wouldn’t want an adorable pineapple float or a watermelon towel for those hot summer days coming up. I listed some trendy fruit goodies I have had my eye on! These picks scream Laguna Beach and thought it would be appropriate since we are exploring LA today.
If you saw on IG I hoped on a plane to LAX (with a dream & a cardigan🎶) yesterday. Mom and sister wanted to go visit a friend and told me two hours before the flight took off. I panicked and packed as fast as I could to join them for a little adventure! We have some beaches that are calling our name then back to the Lone Star State today. These summer pineapple and watermelon finds make me oh so happy 🙂 Follow along on snapchat @dederaad for todays adventures!
Ok does everyone understand when I say, “summer lights”. Just like winter whites, I believe summer lights especially applies to this time of year. Anything with pastels are a good to go with this trend. I found this off the shoulder light blue top that kills two birds in one stone (the off the shoulder and summer lights). Its always easy to pair a good top with some white jeans and wedges to nail this look. This top is selling FAST but luckily comes in 3 other colors here, here, and here. I easily will be using this jeans, bag, and wedges combo all summer long but just switching out the top – my go to.
Happy Monday love bugs! Thanks for stopping by. We had such an insane busy weekend. A graduation party, wedding, after party at our place, bloganniverasary, and hubs graduation party with the friends. One event to another but I wouldn’t have it any other way!
How dreamy is this floral wrap dress and the price is even better. I posted about it last week when Like to Know It went down so I have had quite a few emails about it ( I love that I get emails from you all)! I absolutely love that this style is in trend right now because it literally feels like I am a wearing a robe in public. I found this wrap dress from an international company that has plenty of low cost clothing. I believe they do come from China so I would take into consideration the material and the time of shipping so it’s a gamble. This dress is so soft and I am not lying when it’s the definition of a robe. I do have to wear a slip since it is a little see through in day light. I can’t wait to order more of these wrap dresses so I can spend hot summer nights in them. They make me so happy 🙂 I also wore this dress after I got a spray tan earlier this week because again, it’s a robe in public.
Happy Friday loves! This weekend we officially starts WEDDING season. Since I am a former wedding planner, I have a special love for weddings. I can’t miss them and I get so honored to be invited to them that I MUST go. What are you lovelies up to tomorrow?
– Excellent view of the Statue of Liberty and the One World Trade Center. At checkin I would recommend a high floor & choose your view point. They also provide a telescope in your room which was pretty neat. We had an amazing experience being our first time staying at the Ritz. Everything was so clean and the bed was dreamy!
Nomo Kitchen (in Soho)
-The environment is what really sold me on this place. Chandeliers everywhere in a garden room – it was so dreamy. Steak and eggs was the winner at the table and my lobster salad was sadly a bust. The salad was a very small portion for a crazy amount. I was still hungry after lunch so we went to McDonalds.
Buona Journata (food truck by Maddison Square Garden)
– A variety of street food, typical food truck menu but one of our top food truck picks. Hubs really enjoyed his lamb plate.
– Of course we had to try Halal Guys. One opened in Houston and now I’m craving it. Yummy options but beware of the hot sauce. My mouth was literally in pain. I have never experienced hot sauce like that.
– Fiddler on the Roof. I’m not the best judgement for this show because I’m a five year old Disney lover at heart. We didn’t get tickets early enough for any Disney shows so this one is what we ended up watching. It was funny and kept me entertained so if you’re on the fence, I say go for it!
– Of course!
– I had my first meeting at this place and oh my gosh talk about the perfect breakfast spot. Plenty of pastry options that all looked amazing. They also had a fruit/granola bar with lychee (my fav). I’m still craving it. I want to go back for this. They also are known for their hot chocolate so don’t forget to try it out!
– YOU MUST GO. I died at the cuteness of this place. There isn’t much room to sit and chat since it’s connected to a book store / Club Monoca. The book store had a pop up flower shop set up with pretty blooms everywhere. What more do you want with good company, coffee, and peonies surrounding you. Highly recommend this one.
All in all we didn’t do as much site seeing in the big apple this time around since the purpose of this trip was for Teds father. He was awarded the Ellis Island Medals of Honors for his amazing complishments. It was such a fancy event hence our outfits! They took us by boat to the island and was treated by a red carpet and the Army. We had a breathtaking view of Manhatten as you can see in above post. The night ended with a fancy dinner and on the boat ride back, a firework show by the Statue of Liberty ended the night.
Thanks babes for following along! & thank you for being patient with me on this post. It may look a little different than usual since I’m typing it on my phone. So sad my laptop wouldn’t turn on yesterday so I’m taking it to the Apple doctor today! But first, Ashley and I are going to try Soul Cycle for the first time! We usually ride together at Life Time fitness so we are excited about this one!